Boy, 16, Collapses Then Dies From "Too Much Caffeine"

Posted May 16, 2017

16-year-old Davis Allen Cripe collapsed in a classroom in his high school outside Columbia, South Carolina last month, and died in an emergency room.

On May 15th, Richland County Coroner Gary Watts announced that Davis died from drinking a large Mountain Dew, a latte from McDonalds, and an energy drink within the span of two hours, causing his heart to fail.

Watts officially ruled the cause of death as a caffeine-induced cardiac event.

The Best Donald Trump and Sean Spicer Moments from 'Saturday Night Live'
Next the SNL writers took full advantage of McCarthy's comedic talents in a silly game show sketch called " Just Desserts ". Finally, Thrush asked the most important question regarding Spicer's credibility: "What if Trump is lying to you? ".

Cripe's father, Sean Cripe, attended the press conference. We worry about their safety, their health, especially once they start driving. "We lost Davis from a totally legal substance".

The excessive intake of caffeinated drinks had caused Cripe to undergo a medical condition known as arrhythmia, which results in abnormal heartbeat, lack of blood circulation and ultimate shut down of brain, heart and other vital organs of the body. According to Watts, on the day of his death, Davis had a latte from McDonald's around 12:30 p.m., then consumed a Diet Mountain Dew "a little time after that". Of course, when an otherwise seemingly healthy teen suddenly dies, people often assume that drugs were involved. He followed the soft drink with an energy drink, but the coroner didn't name which one.

The autopsy showed no "unfounded" or "undiagnosed heart condition", said Watts, who was careful not to call Davis' death a caffeine overdose. But it wasn't a auto crash that took his life.

Trump suggests he might drop daily press briefings
The White House has faced harsh criticism since Comey's abrupt firing Tuesday for its changing narratives about the firing. Sanders said Thursday that Trump would "love nothing more for this investigation to continue to its completion".

Watts did not specify which energy drinks were consumed, but in general, a 24-ounce energy drink can contain as much as 500 milligrams of caffeine. "You can have five people line up and all of them do the exact same thing with him that day, drink more, and it may not have any type of effect on them at all".

"These drinks can be very unsafe", Watts said. Parents: please talk to your kids about the dangers of these energy drinks. "It's the amount and also the time frame in which these caffeinated beverages are consumed that can put you at risk".

Tesla Solar Roof Tiles Available for Pre-Order
But that would include another pillar of Tesla's growing energy portfolio - the home battery storage device called the Powerwall . The active tiles have three main layers, with a base solar cell beneath a colored louver film that's covered by tempered glass.